Leuthold Funds will distribute income dividends to shareholders of record as of June 15, 2016, with the x-date and payable date of June 16, 2016. For income distributions, click here.
The Leuthold Group began in 1981 as an institutional investment research firm. Founder Steve Leuthold built a research team and investment methodology incorporating technical and quantitative analysis, broad sector and industry group analysis, financial marketplace supply/demand dynamics, and long-term historical valuation studies.
In 1987, members of The Leuthold Group founded a Registered Investment Advisor, now called Leuthold Weeden Capital Management, to direct investment portfolios using the firm’s financial analysis as the foundation for its equity selection and asset allocation process. A policy of disciplined, unemotional, and strategic investing, backed by solid and comprehensive proprietary research, has enabled Leuthold Weeden Capital Management to establish a strong track record and achieve impressive client loyalty.
Historical Evolution Of The Leuthold Group
- While working at Paine Webber, Steve Leuthold developed the Major Trend Index, a proprietary tool used to gauge the underlying health of the equity market. Currently comprised of over 190 individual components, this index is designed to recognize major market trends rather than shorter-term moves.
- Steve Leuthold was an officer and investment strategist at Piper, Jaffray & Hopwood.
- Steve Leuthold and Jim Floyd were Portfolio Managers of two mutual funds for Criterion Investment Management.
- Steve Leuthold founded The Leuthold Group, an institutional investment research firm located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Registered Investment Advisor founded by The Leuthold Group members began managing Core Portfolio separate accounts using The Leuthold Group’s research as the foundation for the strategy’s tactical asset allocation investment decisions.
- Launched the Leuthold Core Investment Fund, a no-load mutual fund version of the firm’s Core Portfolio separate account strategy.
- Assets under management reach $250 million.
- Assets under management reach $1 billion.
- Jeff Leadholm and John Mueller named co-CEOs.
- Launched the Leuthold Global Fund.
- Launched the Leuthold Global Industries Fund.
- Doug Ramsey named Chief Investment Officer.